What could be better than squishy quilted texture combined with a sweet drawstring bag? Not much in my opinion. Meet my latest pattern the “Quilted Boxy Bag”. A sweet bucket-style drawstring bag, perfect for all your crafting, sewing and personal needs.
Why I love it so much and I hope you do too.
It stands up on its own – even when empty. No flopping about, just a cute bag that knows how to hold its own.
It comes in 4 sizes and two styles – whole cloth and colour block/contrasting bottom. It’s a bag pattern for all your needs. Think trick-or-treat to trinkets, to knitting and sewing. It makes the perfect project bag but at the same time makes a great gift bag too.
It’s cute and chubby. Designed so that when it’s closed, it has the sweetest cube shape.
Add in the contrasting pocket on the inside for extra storage and organisation. Plus, the side handle for toting about, and you’ve got the icing on the cake really.
So, what about the pattern?
The pattern comes in 4 sizes and two styles but is suited to any type of patchwork or piecing you desire. I’m even working on a hexie version right now.
It’s totally customisable. If you don’t want the handle, you can easily omit it. If you don’t want the internal pocket, you can skip that too. Keep it super simple if you like or be a bag-making ninja and add two internal pockets to double your storage capacity. The choice is totally yours.
It is suitable for beginners. You do not need to have amazing bag-making skills to make this pattern. It is loaded with lots of tips and as usual full-colour photos at every step. I’m there to hold your hand every step of the way if that’s what you need.
It’s a measure-and-cut pattern- no templates are needed at all. Simply download and start sewing right away (in your pjs if you like) and if the printer is out of ink, that’s ok too. Just view it from your phone, desktop, or tablet – which is what I recommend anyway.
What things will you need?
- You need the pattern – The Quilted Boxy Bag, which you can find in my Shop.
- Quilting cotton – you’ll need fabric for the exterior, the lining, the handle, the casing, and the internal pocket.
- Interfacing – The pattern calls for fusible fleece (Vilene H630 or Pellon 987F) and Medium-weight woven fusible interfacing (Pellon SF101)- however I do have notes in the pattern for alternatives and what you can use instead or if you don’t have any.
- Drawstring cord – I use cotton cord, lacing, paracord, ribbon, and t-shirt yarn. If you want to you could also make your own cords out of cotton fabric.
- Basic sewing supplies – Iron (pressing is important), rotary cutter and cutting mat, small sharp scissors, Sewline glue pen and a seam turner.
So what are you waiting for? You can find the pattern here in my Esty Store.
If you do make a Quilted Boxy Bag, I’d love to see it and share your creation so please tag me on either Facebook or Instagram.
Any questions or comments please feel free to contact me or leave a comment below.
Happy sewing, Kellie. X.
© Copyright 2023, Ma & Me Designs